Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Robert L. Gurule" <rg...@lanl.gov> on 2010/02/04 22:00:47 UTC

-Congifuring ELipse to Debug James Server

Folks,
  I was checking out the http://wiki.apache.org/james/EclipseNotes
on using Eclipse to debug James.   These notes are apparently out of sync
with Version 3.0.

Is there anything that I need to  do to configure the Eclpse to debug
James - Server, do I simply run as a Remote Java Application?

Thanks for your help

-RObert

Re: -Congifuring ELipse to Debug James Server

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I not tried it with james trunk but it should be possible to adjust
run.sh / run.bat and add the following JVM args to it:

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=y

>From there just follow the wiki. Maybe worth to add some docs for it...

Thx for the pointer

Bye,
Norman