Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Patrick Kane <mo...@enews.com> on 1997/03/14 21:30:02 UTC

general/232: Apache 1.2b7/b8-dev causes Netscape to display some jpeg's as broken images

>Number:         232
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache 1.2b7/b8-dev causes Netscape to display some jpeg's as broken images
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
For certain jpeg images, Apache 1.2b7/b8 causes Netscape 3.0.1 to display a "broken"
image.  The jpeg is fine and displays fine when transferred, directly via ftp
to a server running Apache 1.0.5 (blush).  The image is displayed correctly
using IE 3.0.  I imagine this is a problem with Netscape barfing on some
HTTP/1.1 responses, for some reason.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.enews.com/graphics/covers/arthritis.jpg will not display under
3.0.1, for mac or windows '95.  It will display under IE.