Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Asim Raja <AR...@netnumina.com> on 2003/06/02 23:29:27 UTC

newbie question

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to run the Xindice Admin tool.

I have Tomcat 4.1 installed in "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1"
and Xindice installed in "C:\xml-xindice-1.0". The Java Home is pointing to
a JDK1.3.1

I have the Tomcat and Xindice Server running in the background. I can verify
that Tomcat is running fine. The Xinice server window tells me that the
server is running. When I try to run the Xindice Admin tool, I get a Java
exception. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Below is the what is on the screen:

C:\xml-xindice-1.0\bin>xindice
ECHO is off.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Common
C:\xml-xindice-1.0\bin>

Regards
Asim

AW: newbie question

Posted by Andi Heusser <ah...@gmx.ch>.
Hi Asim,

>From your description, I suppose that your JDK is located in C:\Program
Files.
The problem is not Xindice but the environment variables and the space
between "Program Files". You can get around that by using the MS-DOS 8.3
filenames.
That means you would have to write the directories/files in the environment
variables like:

  "C:\Progra~1\JDK1.3.1;C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Tomcat~1"

or whatever you need.

Hope that helps.
Andi