Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 13:28:39 UTC

[ANN] JumpStart 3.13 for Tapestry 5.0.14

Hi all,

JumpStart 3.13 is now available, in an on-line demo at

	http://202.177.217.122:8080/jumpstart/

and for download at

	http://files.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart .

To all experienced users of Tapestry, please scour it for inaccuracies
and let me know here or via the links in JumpStart.

This version includes:

	* A rework of code and explanations to do with PageLinks,
ActionLinks, and EventLinks.
	* Better use (I hope you agree) of setupRender, onActivate and
onPassivate.
	* Examples of Storing in a Page, Sharing Across Multiple Pages,
Sharing Across the Application, Handling a Bad Context, Easy Id
Select, and EJB3.
	* The app now has Roles and UserRoles maintenance.  This lays the
foundation for authorisation checking in future.
	* The business layer now has tests of all business exception classes
and entity relationships.
	* Examples of one-to-many association, aggregation, and composition
relationships (in the "workout" package of the downloadable project).

As always, comments and suggestions are encouraged.  Be helpful or
brutal - I don't care which - because it all helps to make this stuff
more useful.

Cheers,

Geoff