Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ErnestPasour <Er...@sas.com> on 2007/09/12 19:35:56 UTC

trouble receiving messages from some queues

I have a distributed program that uses 2 message queues for communication.
Process A writes a message to Q1.  Process B reads the message from Q1 and
later posts a message to Q2.  Process A reads the message from Q2.

I am using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 as my persistent broker.

If Process A and Process B are on the same machine (whether or not the
broker is on that same machine), then things work fine.  However, if A and B
are on different machines, the last step fails (i.e. Process A cannot
receive the message from Q2).

I have jconsole up and can see that there is a message in Q2.  However,
Process A cannot seem to see it.  Restarting Process A doesn't help.  I am
making a straight q2.receive() call.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be or how I can get more
debugging information?

Is it possible to put a "bad" message on Q2 that cannot be read?

I am not using a message selector with my receive() call.

I have experimented and found that Process A can write a message to Q2 and
then the same receive() call will grab that message.  But the message it
couldn't read (from before) is left out on Q2.

Thanks for any ideas,
Ernest

Re: trouble receiving messages from some queues

Posted by ErnestPasour <Er...@sas.com>.
Nevermind.  I finally spotted an xml bug that was causing this.