Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Qiuyan Xu <qi...@mailbox.tu-berlin.de> on 2011/05/30 04:12:36 UTC

error when adding generic options

Hello!

I'm using KMeans mahout-0.4 and I face some problems when trying to
add compression option in command line.

I've tried both "-D mapred.output.compress=true" and
"-Dmapred.output.compress=true", but neither works and there's an
error message "ERROR common.AbstractJob: Unexpected
-Dmapred.output.compress=true while processing Job-Specific Options".

Additionally, I saw a comment in AbstractJob.java written " *
<li>-Dmapred.output.compress={true,false}: Compress final output
(default true)</li>
". But in my test, the output is uncompressed.

I've also tried to update MahoutDriver.java to the latest version and
recompile mahout core, but i still can't solve the problem.

Can anyone give me some help? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Qiuyan Xu

Re: error when adding generic options

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
In that case, you must configure Hadoop the "normal" way, by editing its
configuration files in conf/. In particular I think this goes in
mapred-site.xml? Because when it is run on a cluster, your local JVM
argumetns would have no way of affecting the cluster.

Posted by Qiuyan Xu <qi...@mailbox.tu-berlin.de>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Qiuyan Xu <qi...@mailbox.tu-berlin.de>.

Posted by Qiuyan Xu <qi...@mailbox.tu-berlin.de>.