Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "krkumar24061975@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/09 14:22:06 UTC

Destroying a ignite cache when one of the worker nodes is down

Hi Guys - I have a five node cluster and all the nodes are part of the
baseline. Ignite native persistence is enabled. If one of the nodes in the
baseline is down and then we destroy a cache, it removes the cache on all
the remaining four nodes and cache is completely destroyed. But now when I
bring up the fifth node back into the cluster, it throws an exception:

Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to start
SPI: TcpDiscoverySpi [addrRslvr=null, sockTimeout=5000, ackTimeout=5000,
marsh=JdkMarshaller
[clsFilter=org.apache.ignite.marshaller.MarshallerUtils$1@7d1cfe97],
reconCnt=10, reconDelay=2000, maxAckTimeout=600000, soLinger=5,
forceSrvMode=false, clientReconnectDisabled=false, internalLsnr=null,
skipAddrsRandomization=false]
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.GridManagerAdapter.startSpi(GridManagerAdapter.java:302)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager.start(GridDiscoveryManager.java:943)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startManager(IgniteKernal.java:1960)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Joining node has
caches with data which are not presented on cluster, it could mean that they
were already destroyed, to add the node to cluster - remove directories with
the caches[XXXXXXXXXX]
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.checkFailedError(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1997)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl.joinTopology(ServerImpl.java:1116)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl.spiStart(ServerImpl.java:427)
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.spiStart(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:2099)

Is there any automatic way for ignite to auto delete these stale cache
folders??

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

Re: Destroying a ignite cache when one of the worker nodes is down

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

As far as I know, there is no such way yet.

Ilya Kasnacheev

чт, 9 июл. 2020 г. в 17:22, krkumar24061975@gmail.com <