Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Lauer, Christian - lrc" <Ch...@deka.lu> on 2000/08/21 13:11:23 UTC

EjbJar Task

Hello,

I'm trying to use the EjbJar task to build our EJBs for Weblogic 5.1. This
fails here at work, because we are accessing the web by proxy, and so the
parser can't download the DTDs from the internet.

Here's the exception:
build.xml:16: SAXException while parsing 'ejb-jar.xml'. This probably
indicates badly-formed XML.  Details: External entity not found:
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: External entity not found:
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd". at
com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.fatal(Parser.java:2817)

Isn't it possible to configure SAX, not to access the DTDs, or is there
perhaps another solution?

Regards,
Chris

RE: EjbJar Task

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Christian,

I have changed the version of ejbjar in CVS to handle this problem. I also
changed, however, the syntax of the ejbjar task, which I haven't documented
yet.

The general solution to trying to load a dtd is to redirect the parser to a
local copy of the dtd. I know where that exists in the weblogic scheme of
things, so for weblogic, I am able to load the dtd as a resource. To make
the weblogic dependency explicit, I moved the weblogic specific parameters
to a nested element. So now you have

<ejbjar ...>
   <weblogic ...>
</ejbjar>

For other application servers, I really need others to submit the code for
those servers. If you are using weblogic and want to try the nightly build,
let me know and I can give you more information.

Conor