Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de> on 2009/05/18 10:02:05 UTC

Sending small mail when build is finished

Hello,

My challenge is:
I dont want to use the maillogger anymore, because our logs have become very large.
So I started to use -logfile and store it with my Buildresults.

But on the other hand: I want to send a small mail, that tells me whether the build was ok or not.
How can I do this?

Greetings

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Knuplesch

Re: Sending small mail when build is finished

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My challenge is:
> I dont want to use the maillogger anymore, because our logs have become very large.
> So I started to use -logfile and store it with my Buildresults.
>
> But on the other hand: I want to send a small mail, that tells me whether the build was ok or not.
> How can I do this?

If you can, this is best handled by a CI tool, of which hudson is
probably the best around
https://hudson.dev.java.net/
It not only does the notifications, it can tell you who broke the build,
and serve up the test results and log as HTML pages

-steve

RE: Sending small mail when build is finished