Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com> on 2001/07/04 08:57:55 UTC

Jetspeed Install doc change - build webapp -> build war

Hi,

I just compiled Jetspeed from CVS for the first time (under Windows), and I
noticed some minor changes that might need to be made in install.html

- The build target for the .WAR file is war, not webapp
- for win32/dos, build war is sufficient, the ./ isn't needed, since the
current directory is always in the path

Let me know if I'm totally off base with this stuff.  Love the program, and
I'm working on adding VoiceXML support to it.  As an aside, has anyone done
any work on VoiceXML yet? It seems like I'd basically have to figure out how
WML support is included, and then support the mime-type, and create an
RSS->VoiceXML XSL that was loosely based on RSS->WML.

Thanks,
Jeff
Green Ninja

Re: Jetspeed Install doc change - build webapp -> build war

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Jeff Linwood wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just compiled Jetspeed from CVS for the first time (under Windows), and I
> noticed some minor changes that might need to be made in install.html
>
> - The build target for the .WAR file is war, not webapp
> - for win32/dos, build war is sufficient, the ./ isn't needed, since the
> current directory is always in the path

Damn, I was sure I fixed this some time ago but maybe I only fixed the INSTALL
file in CVS...

> Let me know if I'm totally off base with this stuff.  Love the program, and
> I'm working on adding VoiceXML support to it.  As an aside, has anyone done
> any work on VoiceXML yet? It seems like I'd basically have to figure out how
> WML support is included, and then support the mime-type, and create an
> RSS->VoiceXML XSL that was loosely based on RSS->WML.

VoiceXML mime-type is already included in Jetspeed CVS, you just have to to write
the rss-vxml.xsl file and add these to the RssPortlet registry definition.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris