Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Yu Ishikawa <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 04:34:27 UTC

Can I translate the documentations of Spark in Japanese?

Hi all,

I'm Yu Ishikawa, a Japanese.
I would like to translate the documentations of Spark 1.0.x officially.
If I will translate them and send a pull request, then can you merge it ?
And where is the best directory to create the Japanese documentations ?

Best,
Yu

Re: Can I translate the documentations of Spark in Japanese?

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
Transifex (https://www.transifex.com/) may be helpful if you're considering
online crowdsourcing. At least you may easily maintain a unified glossary
with it among all translators.

Posted by Yu Ishikawa <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'd be interested to know what other projects
> do about this situation!

I know some projects get translations crowdsourced via one website or
other. Googling real quick, it appears there are a few sites that offer
homes for this kind of work, but I wouldn't know about any of them.

Nick

Re: Can I translate the documentations of Spark in Japanese?

Posted by Yu Ishikawa <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kenichi Takagiwa,

Thank you for commenting.
I am going to proceed with the translation, will you please help me.
Further details will be sent later.

Posted by giwa <ug...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu,

I could help translating Spark documentation to Japanese. Please let me
know if you need.

Best,

Ken

--

Kenichi Takagiwa
Keio University

Re: Can I translate the documentations of Spark in Japanese?

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Yu,

I think we could definitely put a pointer to documentation in other
languages that is hosted somewhere welse, but since we are not in a
position to maintain this, I'm not sure we could merge it into the
mainline Spark codebase. I'd be interested to know what other projects
do about this situation!

- Patrick