Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> on 2007/10/30 15:44:38 UTC

Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Hey all,

I have time to build a release on Sunday. So what's it gonna be? Another
beta release? A release candidate?

IMHO we should go for the release candidate now, so we can get final out the
door before Christmas. Does that sound unreasonable?

[ ] Create beta5 on Sunday
[ ] Create rc1 on Sunday
[ ] Not yet!

Frank

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
hmm tricky
But i am done with api changes and i think the current code is pretty stable
so

[X] Create rc1 on Sunday

But i am fine with an extra beta if others find that necessary

johan

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> The only reservation I have is that I'd like to add a minor enhancement to the portlet support with respect to the handling of header contributions.

Anything that only touches the portlet code is fine, since that is new
functionality alltogther. It's the normal Wicket code we have to be
very conservative about from now on.

Eelco

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
[+] Create rc1 on Sunday
I'm very much in favor of going to RC level ASAP!

The only reservation I have is that I'd like to add a minor enhancement to the portlet support with respect to the handling of header contributions.
Right now, header contributions are embedded inline in a portal page, resulting in potentially duplicated header inclusions (e.g. javascript/css) if multiple
wicket portlets are present on that page.
So far this isn't a big technical issue but ugly nonetheless.

The *optional* enhancement I have in mind will allow native integration with existing portals support for merging header contributions (like Jetspeed provides).
This will also be inline with the JSR-286 Portlet API 2.0, so I'd very much would like to add that before the final 1.3.0 release.
But, as I will depend on a new (pre-JSR-286) interface provided by Apache Portals Bridges for this, I've to wait until the release of Apache Portals Bridges
1.0.4, scheduled for in about 2 weeks time (before ApacheConUS).

I know very well the consequences of going RC level, so this *might* pose a problem for me, although I don't expect it.
*If* I'm ready to provide such an enhancement, I'll make sure to do it only as an optional feature, and AFAICS won't require real API changes at all and will
only affect the portlet related classes. I definitely will not touch any of the normal core API.
At any rate, all be assured: I won't commit such a change without asking for a vote on it.

Regards,

Ate

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
[ ] Create beta5 on Sunday
[ x ] Create rc1 on Sunday
[ ] Not yet!

Eelco

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
[x] Create rc1 on Sunday

-igor

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.

> [ ] Create beta5 on Sunday
> [x] Create rc1 on Sunday
> [ ] Not yet!

Juergen

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
i'm all for

> [x] Create rc1 on Sunday

martijn, frank,

since you two build the actual releases,
have you had time to look at (and try out) the patch i provided in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-952 ?
it should generate a working wicket site generate with the
maven-site-plugin.
there is still room for improvements regarding the generated javadocs (still
separated by project).
also the content for various subprojects is not available yet.

gerolf

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On 10/30/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:

> [ ] Create beta5 on Sunday
> [ ] Create rc1 on Sunday
> [ ] Not yet!

The vote has ended and the result is that we will go for RC releases now.

BETA5 (0):

RC1 (8 binding, 0 non-binding):
Johan Compagner
Igor Vaynberg
Eelco Hillenius
Martijn Dashorst
Gerolf Seitz
Ate Douma
Janne Hietamäki
Juergen Donnerstag

NOT YET (0):

I will build the release tomorrow. I expect to branch at ~10.00AM GMT+2

Thank you all for participating.

Frank (who forgot to vote but would have said RC1)

Re: Wicket 1.3.0 beta5 on Sunday, 4. Nov 2007?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
> [x] Create rc1 on Sunday

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/