Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2009/04/17 21:35:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Hi,

We solved 10 issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11147&styleName=Html&version=13830

There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11147&status=1

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-source-plugin-2.1/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Paul Gier wrote:

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/
>
> Staging site:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-source-plugin-2.1/

+1

Benjamin

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
I'm going to extend the vote another 24 hours since many people were probably
busy over the weekend.

Can someone vote on this please?  There are several enhancements that I think
make this release worthwhile.  Specifically, the source plugin no longer
rebuilds the jar if all files are up to date (MSOURCES-28).  Also two new mojos
have been added to allow the plugin to be attached to the lifecycle without
forking the build and re-running the early phases (MSOURCES-13).

Thanks!

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
The updated site is available now and the links are working better.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I had the same issue when I deployed a staged version of the eclipse plugin.
I think we have a bug somewhere in the site plugin. I'm using maven 2.1.0. I
didn't yet reported the issue.
Arnaud

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
On 17-Apr-09, at 9:09 PM, Paul Gier wrote:

> I tested both by calling the release profile during a normal build,
> and I also tested with the release of a small test project by using
> plugin management to make sure the new version was used.  I don't
> believe have been any changes that would affect the release process.

If you tried it that's cool.

> To be cautious, we can just wait until the plugin has been available
> for a while before updating the version in the super pom.  That way
> if there are any new problems introduced, they would only affect a
> limited number of people.
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> These are one of the plugins that are critical to the release
>> process so any chance you tried to validate the release process
>> works with this new version of the source plugin?
>> Maybe this is not so easy, but this is one of the plugins that is
>> sometimes only used during the release and we don't find out
>> there's a problem until it runs in conjunction with the release
>> plugin.
>> On 17-Apr-09, at 12:35 PM, Paul Gier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 10 issues:
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11147&styleName=Html&version=13830
>>>
>>> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11147&status=1
>>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-
>>> staging-002/
>>>
>>> Staging site:
>>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-source-plugin-2.1/
>>>
>>> Guide to testing staged releases:
>>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>>>
>>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1

>> Thanks,
>> Jason
>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A man enjoys his work when he understands the whole and when he
is responsible for the quality of the whole

  -- Christopher Alexander, A Pattern Language

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): John Casey, Benjamin Bentmann, Jason van Zyl, Brian Fox
+1 (non binding): Paul Gier

Thanks for the feedback and votes!  I will promote the artifacts to the central
repo and continue with the release.

Paul

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
+1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
+1

On 21-Apr-09, at 1:20 PM, Paul Gier wrote:

> I still need on more vote on this before I can release it.
> So far we have:
>
> +1 (binding): John Casey, Benjamin Bentmann
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paul Gier wrote:
>> Hi,
>> We solved 10 issues:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11147&styleName=Html&version=13830
>>  There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11147&status=1
>>  Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/
>> Staging site:
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-source-plugin-2.1/
>> Guide to testing staged releases:
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-
>> releases.html
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven source plugin version 2.1

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1