Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Amit <ak...@uhc.com> on 2001/09/25 17:02:29 UTC

IE6

Hi all,
    I finally got all my stuff working in netscape but not in IE6.
In IE6 there just a blank page. No errors nothing. I am on WInNT and
using Acrobat reader5
Here is my code:

public void makePDF(String xmlFile, String xslFile,
                         HttpServletResponse response) throws
ServletException {

   java.io.Reader reader;
   Writer writer = new StringWriter();

        try {

  XSLTransform.transform(xmlFile,
                                       xslFile, writer);

  writer.flush();
            writer.close();

  reader = new StringReader(writer.toString());

      Driver driver = new Driver(new InputSource(reader), out);
      driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
          driver.run();
            byte[] content = out.toByteArray();
            response.setContentLength(content.length);
            response.getOutputStream().write(content);
            response.getOutputStream().flush();

        } catch (Exception ex) {
            throw new ServletException(ex);
        }

    }

Re: IE6

Posted by Carmelo Montanez <ca...@nist.gov>.
Had you tried using the Acrobat plug in.  You need to move it to the
"Program Files/Internet Explorer/PlugIns"

I believe the plug in name is "EWH 32" (someone please correct
me if I am wrong). and its under "Program Files/Acrobat/Reader/Plug Ins"
(or something along those lines.

Greetings,
Carmelo

Re: IE6

Posted by Amit <ak...@uhc.com>.
I finally got everything working in IE and Netscape ..
thanks to all who helped out.