Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/09/03 21:54:18 UTC

Problem with surefire plugin's version

Does anyone know how I can force m2 to use a plugin I've just built?

More precisely, my m2 install always picks version 2.0 alpha 3 of the
surefire plugin whereas I have a more recent version (2.0 beta 1). I've
tried removing the metadata files but still m2 always pick the alpha 3
version.

How does it pick one over the other (what strategy m2 is using)?

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: Problem with surefire plugin's version

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The flag is for use when you install the surefire plugin.

- Brett

Posted by "Johnny R. Ruiz " <jr...@exist.com>.
Vincent,

I had this problem before, as far as I can remember i resolved this
problem by deleting  "maven-surefire-plugin-LATEST.version.txt"  and the
file "pluginRegistry.xml" in ".m2" directory in my local repo.  Try it out.

Johnny

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

[snip]

> > It uses the latest release. The most reliable way right now (only
> > required once):
> >
> > m2 -DupdateReleaseInfo=true install
> >
> > If you still have issues, check ~/.m2/plugin-registry.xml remove a
> > forced version.
> >
> > This area still needs a lot of polish.
>
> I should have been clearer in my email. I've tried all this but m2 also
> thinks that the latest version is the 2.0 alpha 3 one and not the beta 1.

s/also/always.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.