Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by modelrepository <mo...@126.com> on 2017/05/17 07:28:43 UTC

jackrabbit performance looks poor in cluster environment

Hi, guys
    Our product is using jackrabbit as the backend content repository. Now,
in our production environment, we will have many application servers
running. Two servers are running Jackrabbit in cluster mode.  Meanwhile,
there are more than 40 other servers that are running other components, that
need access (query/update) those 2 JR nodes.

   To make sure each server can have the latest repository content, when
getting each new JCR session, we call its refresh API to synchronize its
content.  Although we think the update frequency is much smaller compared to
the query frequency, the result is that the performance is very bad.
   From the thread dump, I can see that many threads are blocking the
refresh process.
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode.sync(ClusterNode.java:297)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.session.SessionRefreshOperation.perform(SessionRefreshOperation.java:58)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.session.SessionState.perform(SessionState.java:200)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.perform(SessionImpl.java:355)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.refresh(SessionImpl.java:765)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCASessionHandle.refresh(JCASessionHandle.java:193)
	at
.....modeling.repository.sapi.service.jcr.JcrFacadeSessionFactory.getTrunkSession(JcrFacadeSessionFactory.java:39)

Anyone meet similar issue and have any idea how to resolve this issue.

Regards,
-Liang