Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Hung Le <hl...@comergent.com> on 2000/09/07 18:34:48 UTC

passing additional memory argument to target javac

	One of our <javac> target failed because the compiler throws an
OutOfMemory exception.
My first thought when I saw that error is to pass an addtional memory
setting attribute
to <javac> (such as -Xms and -Xmx) but after a quick look at the doc and the
source tree,
I found no way to do so. Short of changing the codes, anyone knows a
work-around?

Re: passing additional memory argument to target javac

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 HL> 	One of our <javac> target failed because the compiler throws
 HL> an OutOfMemory exception.

Ant doesn't invoke javac externally but in the same VM Ant is
running. This means that you want to invoke Ant itself with the
appropriate memory settings.

Set the environment variable ANT_OPTS to include the -mx or -Xmx
parameter and the ant wrapper script will do this automatically for
you.

Stefan