Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sean LeBlanc <se...@nutros.com> on 2002/08/09 17:10:19 UTC

JSPC task

Hi, I'm trying to get the jspc task to work. However, I'm having a few
issues:

1. The name of the .java (and resulting .class) file is not the same as what
gets generated during runtime. If I *don't* precompile, I get files in
{tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/{my_app_name}/. The files are of the
form: {pagename}$jsp.java and {pagename}$.jsp.class. However, the jspc task
creates them as just {pagename}.java. So even if the .class is made, Tomcat
isn't using it.

2. I get all sort of compilation errors when I try to compile. Here is what
the relevant part of my ant file looks like:

<jspc
		srcdir="${tomhome}/webapps/Nutros/home"
		destdir="${tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/Nutros_home"
		failonerror = "no">

	<include name="**/*.jsp" />
	<webapp basedir="${tomhome}/webapps/Nutros/home"/>
	</jspc>

	<javac
   	srcdir="${tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/Nutros_home"
		destdir="${tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/Nutros_home"
		classpath = "${classpath};${build}"
		debug="on" />

Many of the errors seem to stem from variables declared in a "parent" page
and used in a "child" page. Any ideas on this one?

TIA,

--
Sean LeBlanc - Nutros.com
Random fortune/quote:

Re: JSPC task

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
no idea whatsoever.,

FYI, I dont use it any more because jasper was a bit flaky, and I discovered
httpunit instead. now, after deploying, my build file runs tests against
every jsp, so they are all compiled and tested before I have to look at them

Posted by Sean LeBlanc <se...@nutros.com>.
On 08-09 09:44, Steve Loughran wrote:
> try using the latest (tomcat4.1 beta) version of Jasper - I hear that does
> the renaming differently. We will be looking at <jspc> in the next few days
> to try and get it working better with that version of jasper only in time
> for Ant1.5.1

Okay, thanks. Any idea on the compiler errors? Or will the beta version of
Jasper fix that, too? As it is, I'm successfully building less than 5% of
our pages.

Major Premise: Sixty men can do a piece of work sixty times as quickly
	as one man.

Minor Premise: One man can dig a posthole in sixty seconds.

Conclusion: Sixty men can dig a posthole in one second.

Re: JSPC task