Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@opentechnet.com> on 2004/08/26 21:15:01 UTC

DocBook support

    Hi there,

    I'm interested in evaluating maven, and I would like to know if it
has support for DocBook, so I may have project documentation
(requirements, use case specifications,...) integrated with maven
generated documentation. From what I have read, it seems I have the
following options:

    * Use the maven docbook plugin. This plugin seems to support only
      simplified docbook, and lose a lot of information when going to xdoc
    * Use the sdocbook plugin from maven-plugins.sourceforge.net. This
      plugin transforms a full docbook document into HTML without going
      through xdoc
    * Transform my DocBook to HTML (I guess it's possible to do this by
      hand using some XSLT tool under maven, or even the sdocbook
      plugin), and then use the Html2XDoc plugin

    Any other options? Pros and cons of these options? Is the xdoc step
really needed?

    Thanks in advance, best regards
    Jose

RE: DocBook support

Posted by "W. Sean Hennessy" <sh...@goldenhourdata.com>.
I've been mulling over the same scenario.
Fairly elaborate SDP, SCMP, SAD, SRS, DBDD, etc might be integrated into the maven project docs.
I would imagine a separate maven pregoal might leverage an existing docbook ant transformation.
Then one only need to solve where in the maven software development folder to copy the results
and link into navigation.xml.