Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Philippe Deslauriers (Beetext)" <de...@beetext.com> on 2005/11/24 15:04:37 UTC

fileUpload performance problem

Hi

I am using fileUpload 1.0 component with Tomcat 5.0.28

I noticed a performance problem, transfer is slow. 3 times too slow.

By example, on the same server I have an ASP upload component set-up. Files
are uploading at 100 kb/s.

With the fileUpload component I just set up, the speed is around 30 kb/s?

The browser is IE 6.0.29 sp2 in both cases, and both client and server are
responsive, and network performance is not the cause of this.

The problem can be reproduced on a LAN a higher speeds.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phil.

RE: fileUpload performance problem

Posted by "Philippe Deslauriers (Beetext)" <de...@beetext.com>.
I am writing directly to disk, as the files can be very large.

are you holding the contents of the file in memory, or writing directly to
disk?

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.