Posted to users@felix.apache.org by gharbi jjjj <el...@yahoo.fr> on 2010/08/11 13:41:15 UTC

Question

Good  morning,

I am working with OSGi technology, but I am still at the begin.

I encoutre the first and may be the simplest problem : how to create a bundle ?

I am using felix, the platform is well installed, I use some commands on the
promt such as ps, start, stop, install, ...

But  I do not arrive to form a HelloWorld bundle (that means I take a code
source, but I do not find the way to have a jar file to install and use  after
that)!!

Sincerly,

Atef Gharbi.

Re: Question

Posted by Petr Jiricka <Pe...@Sun.COM>.
On Aug 12, 2010, at 8:59 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Alternative is to create manually maven projects (or with the help of
> Eclipse GUI tool) and add the following plugin
>
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
>
> to generate the manifest + jar when running the command : mvn install

Or (as I just replies in another thread), use NetBeans to help with
this approach:
http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/javaee/maven-osgi-declarativeservices.html

Petr

Re: Question

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Question

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.

Re: Question

Posted by "Rémon. Sinnema" <rs...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Question

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
To get you started, this is an example of how to build a bundle:

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-tutorial-example-1.html

Mind you, most OSGi project don't create their bundles like this (by hand) but use some Bnd based task that integrates with either Ant or Maven. For an example of the latter, bundle subprojects of Felix are good examples.

Greetings, Marcel