Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net> on 2021/05/23 19:35:34 UTC

Cannot remove library from project

I have an old Java 1.8 project that needs a few updates. I cannot remove
any of its libraries. The option is grayed out and Delete key does
nothing. Just tried and this seems to be the case with all my projects.
Cannot delete any libraries and most projects are using Java 11, if that
makes a difference. This comes up because I made a change in one of the
libraries which did not appear to work so I tried to debug and found
that the new code is skipped over in debug as if it were not there. I
thought I would remove and reinstall the library but cannot.

I have tried restarting NB a couple of times with no change. How can I
remove old libraries?

NB 12.0

Linux mint 20

Re: Cannot remove library from project

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
I think I found a better solution, for me anyway. I managed to reinstall
Netbeans 8.2 and so far have reverted the one project that was causing a
problem and everything now works as expected, including removing
libraries as well as debugging libraries. Suddenly life is good again.

Having been retired almost 20 years now, I have limited my projects to
Java and html. I will keep NB 12.0 for html since I recall it working
better but all my Java will probably be going back to 8.2 as the need
arises.

Long Live Ant.

Bayless

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
Have to work on other stuff now but will look into Nexus in a few days.

Posted by "Mark A. Flacy" <mf...@verizon.net.INVALID>.

Posted by Claus Lüthje <cl...@thetop.ch>.
If the other project is Maven based, you can use it in your project too. We do this heavily.
We also use Artifactory to share projects in our team (aka projects on different machines)

Regards
Claus

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.

Posted by "Mark A. Flacy" <mf...@verizon.net.INVALID>.

Posted by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net>.
BTW, one should not have to manually edit files created by NB just to
exercise an option that the IDE offers but for some strange reason has
suddenly disabled. I have been a NB user since version 5.0 actually just
before we got the GUI designer. I have loved it, even with its
occasional quirks and burps. Some of these latest "features" are getting
a little tiresome though.

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
Hello Bayless Kirtley,

Perhaps this link will help you: