Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jun Xie <jx...@innovationsforum.de> on 2003/04/16 15:31:00 UTC

Error: No Deserializer found

Hi All,

I have read reports about this issue in internet, but could not find the
answer. Maybe you can help me.

I installed Tomcat4.1 and SOAP2.3.1 on winXP. I got the right response
if I tested with http://localhost:8008/soap/servlet/rpcrouter, and I
could deploy the sample addressbook. But when I did the following test,
it failed. Thank you very much.

>set

CLASSPATH=c:\soap-pack\soap.jar;c:\soap-pack\activation.jar;c:\soap-pack
\mail.ja

r;c:\soap-pack\xerces.jar;C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\common\endorsed\x

ercesImpl.jar;C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\common\endorsed\xmlParserAPI.

jar;..\..;C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\lib\tools.jar

>C:\downloads\soap-bin-2.3.1\soap-2_3_1\samples\addressbook>java
org.apache.soap.

server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
list

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=No Des

erializer found to deserialize a ':return' using encoding style
'http://schemas.

xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

: No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':return' using encoding style
'http://

schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]

        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)

        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag

erClient.java:127)

        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient

.java:149)

        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient

.java:235)

Re: AW: Error: No Deserializer found

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You *must* have both xmlParserAPIs.jar *and* xercesImpl.jar in your
classpath.  You should *not* mix xmlParserAPIs.jar with xerces.jar.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.