Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsoftware.com> on 2006/04/11 17:41:23 UTC

[httpclient] HTTP components

Hello:

What are the plans for the breakout of HttpClient into HTTP components?
Every time I look for the code, I realize that there are no
nightly-builds. The wiki [1] does not point to any code but I recall
finding a site describing examples and SVN pointers, but I am not sure
how I got there now.

I'd love to replace our custom HTTP code in our server with something
more robust. Before I start to think about picking apart the Tomcat HTTP
support, will Http Commons see the light of day in nightly builds soon?

Is there interest from others for using this project?

Thanks,
Gary

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsActionPlan

Re: [httpclient] HTTP components

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 11:41 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hello:
>
> What are the plans for the breakout of HttpClient into HTTP components?
> Every time I look for the code, I realize that there are no
> nightly-builds. The wiki [1] does not point to any code but I recall
> finding a site describing examples and SVN pointers, but I am not sure
> how I got there now.
>
> I'd love to replace our custom HTTP code in our server with something
> more robust. Before I start to think about picking apart the Tomcat HTTP
> support, will Http Commons see the light of day in nightly builds soon?
>
> Is there interest from others for using this project?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsActionPlan

Gary,
I am in the process of cutting the first ALPHA release of HttpComponents
HttpCore, but got bogged down trying to get Maven2 work the way I want.
There are plans to get nightly builds going as well.

You can find more details about the project here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/

Latest code here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/

For regular updates on the state of the HttpComponents project please
subscribe to the httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org list.

We'd be extremely happy if you could lend us a helping hand with the
infrastructure related stuff (or hacking on HttpComponents if you feel
like to)

Cheers

Oleg