Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 20:20:05 UTC

Re: Setting properties in gora.properties

Hi,

(I'm keeping gora-dev's in on this one as well)

A quick update to this one, having submitted a work in progress patch for
NUTCH-1189, so that properties are easier for the gora-cassandra module to
find I'm trying to get the configuration to work as follows

# Cassandra store properties
# gora.CassandraMapping.keyspace=
# gora.CassandraMapping.name=
# gora.CassandraMapping.class=
# gora.CassandraMapping.qualifier=
# gora.CassandraMapping.family=
# gora.CassandraMapping.type=
# gora.CassandraMapping.cluster=
gora.CassandraMapping.host=localhost://127.0.0.1:9160

However I'm still getting

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Property with base name "servers" could not
be found, make sure to include this property in gora.properties file

This is caused by a null value being returned for baseKey parameter in
DataStoreFactory.

I think it's important to note, that in order to get Nutchgora to build
with the gora-cassandra properties uncommented in NUTCHGORA/ivy/ivy.xml it
was necessary to include the following exclusions

        <dependency org="org.apache.gora" name="gora-cassandra"
rev="0.1.1-incubating" conf="*->default">
            <exclude org="org.apache.thrift" />
            <exclude org="org.apache.cassandra" />
        </dependency>

Firstly, does anyone have a solution regarding the removing or substituting
the exclusions? Enis has mentioned that they should be included within
gora-cassandra/ivy/ivy.xml, however as this has not been loaded to maven
repos it is not currently a possibility therefore they need to be included
in the Nutchgora side of things.
Secondly, does anyone know how the illusive baseKey parameter should be
included within the gora.properties?
Presumably something similar to

# gora.CassandraMapping.servers=somethingSomething.com

This is nearly sorted (I hope) but there are a couple of areas that need
attention, therefore anyone with some insight would be great.

Thanks, and sorry for ridiculous thread

Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Setting properties in gora.properties

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

I guess in gora-cassandra/src/test/conf/gora.properties, the servers are
listed as:

gora.cassandrastore.servers=localhost:9160

In setting the properties for gora data stores, you have to supply the data
store that it applies to. The documentation at
https://incubator.apache.org/gora/docs/current/gora-conf.html

seems fair enough, but we(as gora-devs) have to fill out data-store
specific configuration documentation

https://incubator.apache.org/gora/docs/current/gora-hbase.html
https://incubator.apache.org/gora/docs/current/gora-cassandra.html

Thanks,
Enis

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,