Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Erwin Reinhoud <Er...@ictu.nl> on 2008/06/10 16:37:22 UTC

Interoperability Axis2 policies

Hello All,

I see at times the use of policies (Ws-Security/TLS). I am wondering how
interoperable these are with other toolkits, does anyone have any
experience with this? I would like to publish a policy in service
registry and possibly attach it to wsdl by use of policy-attachment, but
am wondering how specific these details are from one SOAP toolkit to
another. Any information about this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Erwin

Re: Interoperability Axis2 policies

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
It was just last week that WSO2 WSAS (powered by Axis2) was able to demo
interoperability with Microsoft at TechEd 2008. You can have a look at [1]
for more details.

Thanks,
Keith.

[1]
http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/2008/06/wso2-interoperability-demo-with.html

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Erwin Reinhoud <Er...@ictu.nl>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I see at times the use of policies (Ws-Security/TLS). I am wondering how
> interoperable these are with other toolkits, does anyone have any
> experience with this? I would like to publish a policy in service
> registry and possibly attach it to wsdl by use of policy-attachment, but
> am wondering how specific these details are from one SOAP toolkit to
> another. Any information about this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Erwin

Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygenating the Web Service Platform.
http://wso2.org/

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

Re: Interoperability Axis2 policies

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Axis2/Rampart was able successfully interop with MS WCF using security
policies for almost all the WS Security 1.0 / WS Secuirty 1.1 / WS Secure
Conversation in the last Web Services Interoperability Plug Fest [1] .
Axis2/Rampart is tested for Interoperability with Axis2 C too.

[1] - http://www.mssoapinterop.org/ilab/

wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I see at times the use of policies (Ws-Security/TLS). I am wondering how
> interoperable these are with other toolkits, does anyone have any
> experience with this? I would like to publish a policy in service
> registry and possibly attach it to wsdl by use of policy-attachment, but
> am wondering how specific these details are from one SOAP toolkit to
> another. Any information about this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Erwin

Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
Software Engineer