Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/03/01 22:11:29 UTC

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

> >     /data3/gump/jakarta-gump
>
> Please don't bother, I am working in there at this mo, just checking out
> from CVS from scratch & copying the config in. I'll write details when I
get
> time.

The thing about the way LSD is installed, is that the gump install directory
(which [as of this moment] contains a work directory with stats.db a DBM
file in it) is within the log. As such, if the name of this install matches
the module name, it actually (twice) checks out itself over itself, but then
'cleans' via an rsync. That kills the stats database...

Long ago I separated 'jakarta-gump' (module) from 'gump' (install) so we had
two, one 'safe', but the TLP status caught up with me.

We need to move any stuff out of the work area (under the install) and have
it associated with the workspace somehow. I'll add it to JIRA some time
[along with the other bazillion I have in my head.]

regards,

Adam

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> The thing about the way LSD is installed, is that the gump install
directory
> (which [as of this moment] contains a work directory with stats.db a DBM
> file in it) is within the log. As such, if the name of this install
matches
> the module name, it actually (twice) checks out itself over itself, but
then
> 'cleans' via an rsync. That kills the stats database...

Sorry, I wrote 'log' -- I ought have said workspace base directory - i.e.
where Gump puts the modules (via rsync) in order to work on them.

regards

Adam