Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 18:59:21 UTC

how to use maven to create Eclipse projects for FtpServer

 Here are steps that I came up.  Using these steps, you will be able to
create Eclipse project files in order to get everything imported into
Eclipse for development.  These steps could probably be extended in order to
build jar files for the FtpServer project.

--------------
Software used:
java -version
java version "1.6.0_01"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode)

mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.8
Java version: 1.6.0_01
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.18-53.1.13.el5pae" arch: "i386" Family:
"unix"

--------------
Compile steps:
1. Check out FtpServer trunk
             svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/ftpserver/trunk/ftpserver
2. cd ftpserver/ftplet-api
3. mvn install
3. mvn eclipse:eclipse
4. cd ../commons-net-2
5. mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean package
6. mvn eclipse:eclipse
7. mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=commons-net -DartifactId=commons-net
-Dversion=2.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=target/commons-
net-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
8. cd ../core
9. mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean package
10. mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.ftpserver-DartifactId=ftpserver-core -Dversion=
1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=target/ftpserver-
core-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
11. mvn eclipse:eclipse
12. cd ../admin-gui
13. mvn eclipse:eclipse
14. Import projects into Eclipse.

Hope this helps...

Re: how to use maven to create Eclipse projects for FtpServer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "mvn install" will copy the jar file into your local repository.  That is
>  why people say to run that first.  I am sure that my instructions may be
>  somewhat inadequate, but I can confirm that they work.

Yeah, I'm familiar with mvn install :-) It's just that it should not
be needed in this case since Maven will create a .classpath file that
refers to the project, not the artifact.

 Note that the instructions you posted will differ in this regard as
the .classpath files with refer to the artifact instead. Of course,
the way you want it is a matter of taste. Hers's the diff for the core
module for example:

$ diff .classpath-all .classpath-standalone
10,11c10,11
<   <classpathentry kind="src" path="/commons-net"/>
<   <classpathentry kind="src" path="/ftplet-api"/>
---
>   <classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/commons-net/commons-net/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/commons-net-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
>   <classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/org/apache/ftpserver/ftplet-api/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/ftplet-api-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" sourcepath="M2_REPO/org/apache/ftpserver/ftplet-api/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/ftplet-api-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar"/>

classpath-all is the file created when mvn eclipse:eclipse is run from
the root of the project. .classpath-standalone is created when the
same command runs in the core module.

/niklas

Re: how to use maven to create Eclipse projects for FtpServer

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.

--

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.