Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/11/30 03:34:29 UTC

Invitation to the Boston Cocoon User Group

We would like to announce the formation of the Boston Cocoon Users
Group. Individuals representing developers and organizations building
Cocoon-based systems met on 22 November 2004 to organize this group.

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonUserGroupBoston

The objective for the Boston Cocoon Users Group is to provide a forum
for end-users and technologists to learn about Apache Cocoon. We plan on
holding monthly meetings in the Boston area. The meetings will allow
participants to do the following:

-- Describe examples of Cocoon use;
-- Present design patterns;
-- Share real-world experience;
-- Discuss business and technology objectives;
-- Present case studies; and,
-- See vendor technical presentations.

We have defined the following initial program.

Date:         9 December 2004
Presentation: Print on Demand Solutions
              Gregor Rothfuss
Time:         6:00 - 7:30
Location:     TBD

Date:         13 January 2005
Presentation: Cocoon Best Practices
              Jean Pierre Lejacq
Time:         6:00 - 7:30
Location:     TBD

Date:         10 February 2005
Presentation: Application-building Lessons Learned
              Eric Meyer
Time:         6:00 - 7:30
Location:     TBD

Date:         11 March 2005
Presentation: TBD
Time:         6:00 - 7:30
Location:     TBD

We would like to invite anyone interested in Apache Cocoon or XML
technologies to participate. The group wants to support the interests of
both novice and experts. If you need more information, please contact
either:

Brad Kain        brad.kain@quoininc.com
Gregor Rothfuss  gregor.rothfuss@wyona.com

We are currently seeking volunteers for future presentations, and a
meeting location in Boston or Cambridge. If you want to participate in our
first meeting, then please add your name to the wiki page.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com