Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/04/11 00:57:11 UTC

Cute little bug - fixed.

Hi all,

I have got a patch that fixes the hassles we've been having with the
proxy.

The basic problem was one of the storage of the downstream connection
between requests was not thread safe - which caused all manner of
hassles and odd behavior. The solution was to place the downstream
conn_rec inside the upstream conn_rec.

This patch adds a single field to conn_rec. This was a problem last
time, as people said it should be stored in the configuration record.
Unfortunately this isn't thread safe...

Should I post this to new-httpd again?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Cute little bug - fixed.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > I would post this to new-httpd, but with the caveat that this is a
> > temporary fix.  The real solution, is to add a new vector to the conn_rec.
> > That vector should be used to store per-connection data for each module.
>
> Ok...
>
> conn_rec's already have a c->notes table. Can a table not be tweaked to
> hold binary structures, rather than just text?

Sure, just change the c->notes table to a hash.

ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Cute little bug - fixed.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I would post this to new-httpd, but with the caveat that this is a
> temporary fix.  The real solution, is to add a new vector to the conn_rec.
> That vector should be used to store per-connection data for each module.

Ok...

conn_rec's already have a c->notes table. Can a table not be tweaked to
hold binary structures, rather than just text?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Cute little bug - fixed.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
I would post this to new-httpd, but with the caveat that this is a
temporary fix.  The real solution, is to add a new vector to the conn_rec.
That vector should be used to store per-connection data for each module.

Ryan

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have got a patch that fixes the hassles we've been having with the
> proxy.
>
> The basic problem was one of the storage of the downstream connection
> between requests was not thread safe - which caused all manner of
> hassles and odd behavior. The solution was to place the downstream
> conn_rec inside the upstream conn_rec.
>
> This patch adds a single field to conn_rec. This was a problem last
> time, as people said it should be stored in the configuration record.
> Unfortunately this isn't thread safe...
>
> Should I post this to new-httpd again?
>
> Regards,
> Graham