Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/10/12 13:15:21 UTC

New Struts Committer -- Brian Pontarelli

Please join us in welcoming Brian Pontarelli as a new Struts committer.

Brian developed the SmartURLs plugin, which is being merged with the
CodeBehind plugin for bundling with Struts 2.1. The original
CodeBehind plugin and Zero-Configuration code, developed by Don Brown,
was loosely based on the ASP.NET approach. Brian's SmartURLs plugin
gives the original approach a more Struts-like spin and adds SEO URIs.
To see how SmartURLs works in practice, checkout the MailReader-Zero
example from <http://sq1-struts2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/articles/mailreader-zero/>.

Welcome, Brian, I think we're all looking forward to an agile, XML-free future!

PMC vote: 4 +1; 1 +0.

-Ted.

Re: New Struts Committer -- Brian Pontarelli

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
Even better, I'm gonna be busting out some new-school
convention-over-configuration moves. So watch out! ;)

-bp

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Congrats !!!