Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/07/22 10:32:29 UTC

Adding Royale-html2pdf to Royale (was Re: New Royale App in our official web app and source code avaialble too! :))

Hi,

Piotr talked about moving the html2pdf lib I created and to some external
repo.

This could be a new repo for Royale that hosts that library and other extra
things that are not so core but could be needed in some apps.
I think we could even segment and take this opportunity to clean a bit of
what we have, since I think we have many experiments that seem to not reach
a final usable point (i.e: createjs or flat), but have a cost currently in
our daily builds. Only people that need this one will need to build it.

For example some segmentation could be:

* extern libraries (html2pdf one will fall into this category, if create an
ECharts lib, that could be done here,...I expect this one will most needed
for royale developers)
* new royale libs that are create from scratch, but doesn't fit into some
core functionality (i.e: MDL UI Set)
* experiments (we could move here unfinished libs like createjs or flat
from asjs, so asjs one will benefit from building faster by moving things
not used to that one)

I must say that probably I don't have the time to work on that now, since I
have other tasks for Royale in the near horizon, but we can see if this
makes sense and even see if others can take over.

Thoughts?

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Adding Royale-html2pdf to Royale (was Re: New Royale App in our official web app and source code avaialble too! :))

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Josh,

that was one of my drivers to make that project on codeoscopic repo and not
in royale. But after Piotrs suggestion that made me think I could be
wrong...

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.