Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Quail <St...@walkers.co.uk> on 2001/02/13 13:04:22 UTC

JSPs only reload sometimes - Help ! Tomcat 3.2.1

     We've got reloadable set true in server.xml and it recompiles the
     changed JSP *sometimes* but not all the time, generally after the
     first change then never again.

     Even when I go into the Apache Tomcat work directory and delete the
     .java and .class files for the JSP it manages to show the old version
     (after a delay when it must be compiling something).

     I don't think this happened in 3.1.

     Help appreciated,
     Steve Quail.

Re: JSPs only reload sometimes - Help ! Tomcat 3.2.1

Posted by Rick Roberts <to...@ait-web.com>.
Some times you are going to need to clear out the cache directory.
A simple script will come in handy for that.

Rick

Re: JSPs only reload sometimes - Help ! Tomcat 3.2.1

Posted by Phillip Kuzma <ph...@planetguide.com>.
JSP files are recompiled depending on the time STAMP on the jsp file.

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Steve Quail wrote:
>
> >      We've got reloadable set true in server.xml and it recompiles the
> >      changed JSP *sometimes* but not all the time, generally after the
> >      first change then never again.
> >

> The "reloadable" flag has nothing to do with whether JSP pages are recompiled
> or not -- they always are.
>
> The only exception to this rule is if you are using an <%@ include %>
> directive to include a file into a JSP page -- changes to the outer page are
> detected, but not changes to the included text.
>
> Craig McClanahan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents
contain information belonging to the sender ("Information") that
may be confidential and legally privileged.   If you are not the
intended recipient,  any disclosure,  copying,  distribution  or
action  taken  in  reliance  on   the  Information  is  strictly
prohibited.  If  you  have received  the  Information in  error,
please contact the sender  by reply email and destroy all copies
of the original email.

Phillip Kuzma
phil@planetguide.com

Re: JSPs only reload sometimes - Help ! Tomcat 3.2.1

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.