Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by santosh_rajaguru <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 15:08:08 UTC

Apache flink with Elastic Search

Hi all,

Is there any possibility to query Elastic search using flink?

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh

Re: Apache flink with Elastic Search

Posted by santosh_rajaguru <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Martin for the input.

Re: Apache flink with Elastic Search

Posted by Martin Liesenberg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Elasticsearch does not support streaming in the sense, that you subscribe
to a search query and as new documents come in, you will get any matching
your query.
There is a rather long discussion in one of the issues in the ES repository
on GitHub concerning this (active for 4 years now) [1]

It does however provide you with an API to scroll through a large set of
results, so you can retrieve them in chunks which fit your application. [2]
That is supported by the hadoop connector via [3] which is used as far as I
can tell in almost all of the different connectors (hive, cascading, mr,
spark)

Best regards,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/1242
[2]
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-request-scroll.html
[3]
https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch-hadoop/blob/03c056142a5ab7422b81bb1f519fd67a9581405f/mr/src/main/java/org/elasticsearch/hadoop/rest/ScrollQuery.java

Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> schrieb am Mi., 14. Okt. 2015 um
17:49 Uhr:

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by santosh_rajaguru <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks flavio.

Re: Apache flink with Elastic Search

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
You can always use the Hadoop connector of Elasticsearch ;)

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sachin Goel <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santosh