Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/18 09:38:27 UTC

AXIS Life Cycle log messages

Hi All,

I am using Apache AXIS 1.2 RC2, Custom AXIS Handlers for
(De)Serialilizing, Security etc. Now my question is it  possible to
capture all(informative, debug, fatal) log messages spitted by AXIS
and that tell me at what stages my custom handlers are called.
Basically I want to rely on the log messages to understand the life
cyle of Apache AXIS, its  handlers, providers etc. and debug the
problems that may arise in my custom handlers written.

Also, I have log4j-1.2.8.jar in my {AXIS-HOME}\WEB-INF\lib directory
and below log4j.properties in {AXIS-HOME}\WEB-INF\classes directory

log4j.properties
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG

log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=DEBUG, LOGFILE

log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=axis.log
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=DEBUG
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

Please suggest ... ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.