Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> on 2009/09/19 18:33:56 UTC

ActionSupport vs ValidationAwareSupport

hi all

can u share when will we use ActionSupport vs ValidateionAwareSupport

Re: ActionSupport vs ValidationAwareSupport

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Frans Thamura wrote:
> can u share when will we use ActionSupport vs ValidateionAwareSupport

You should use ActionSupport when you want an action with default
implementations of the things ActionSupport implements,
ValidationAwareSupport when you just want a default implementation of
ValidationAware.

ActionSupport uses ValidationAwareSupport to provide its
ValidationAware... support.

Dave

Re: ActionSupport vs ValidationAwareSupport

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
i just make diagram how REST work in the S2 REST,

and i put my persistance ware, it is persistance manager for Spring...
for my project cimande http://www.sf.net/projects/

hope the next version will become full REST ..the diagram based on
REST showcase.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3528021&l=e2db33a89c&id=675689084

usually we use ActionSupport (mostly all), but i never use others..
and found ValidationAwareSupport.

usually also i use the valisation inside the ActionSupport,

and in my old S2 development, i use execute() for doing validation etc
and return SUCCESS, ERROR there

and i see that the example is different way with my own way (based on petsoar).

can help to clear my brain.

NB: i download XWOrk, and looking inside more detail