Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "J. L." <dj...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/05/11 10:52:06 UTC

Jetspeed 1.5 tutorial step 5 problem

Hi,

I have a problem with the Jetspeed 1.5 tutorial

In teh step 5, it is said :
"Click on the 'Pencil Icon' in the Title Bar (right
below the menu). This will start the Jetspeed
Customizer.
Click the "Basic Tutorials" menu option. From the Pane
Customizer, click the "Add Portlet" button."

The problem is that I can't see any "Basic Tutorials"
menu option. When I click on the 'Pencil Icon' I get a
list from 1 to 4 and when I click on one of these
numbers I get an error :
"HTTP 404 - /jportal/$jslink.getAction("

I use Tomcat 5.0.19 and Jetspeed 1.5.

Thx in advance for ur help.

Re: Re-creating om source code

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 11, 2004, at 2:08 PM, Anthony Smith wrote:

> I ran the command maven clean in order to get rid of my om source so
> that I
> could modify the security-schema and have my classes generated.
> Unfortnately, I do nto know how to re-generate them.
>
> These commands do not seem to recreate the source:
> maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true dist:install
> maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true java:jar
>
> I thought maybe this did it, but it does not seem to:
> maven torque:om

maven java:compile  attains the torque:om goal

It must be logging an error or something...
 From what Im seeing on the list, maven has introduced some complexities
to building Jetspeed for the end user
I apologize for that, but we really believe that in the long run,
managing the Jetspeed projects with Maven was the best choice

One thing I've noticed, is that different release candidates and beta
versions behave differently

Recommend using the latest version of Maven 1.0 rc2
At least then we are both on the same version, and I can better help
find the problems

Re-creating om source code