Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com> on 2016/02/29 07:41:04 UTC

How to edit a task on the Help Wanted application

First off, the Help Wanted app is looking great - thank you.

I just entered a task but realize I didn't enter a language for it and thus it is not as discoverable as it could be. How do I edit it?

This brings me to some feature requests (do we have a Jira? Where is the code?)

1)      Make it obvious how to edit a task

2)      Don't put my email on the page for more details. I don't want more mail directly to me (and my filters are likely to mean I miss any contact from a newcomer - not at all the welcome we want to provide). The form does tell them to contact dev.at.communtiy.apache.org, which is great, but I bet a large number will reach out to the individual poster.

3)      I missed that the programming language selection would also offer natural language if I scrolled down enough. Perhaps add a note in the form.

4)      If no natural language is provided for a Community Outreach task (and presumably for a programming task) it does not appear in a search. I'd suggest no language selection should be the same as "all languages"

Once again - thanks :)