Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com> on 2007/08/08 18:14:59 UTC

FW: AWARD NOTIFICATION:

As requested...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic
Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

> -----Original Message-----
> From: internationalpromotion program [mailto:euromlllprimitiva@walla.com]
> Sent: 08 August 2007 16:38
> Subject: AWARD NOTIFICATION:
>

> <eu...@walla.com>
> AWARD NOTIFICATION:

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)
United Kingdom

Re: FW: AWARD NOTIFICATION:

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wednesday 08 August 2007 5:33 pm, John D. Hardin wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> > As requested...
>
> Sending a 700KB attachment to a popular mailing list? Please don't do
> that again, even if somebody asks you to.
>
> It's much better to post samples larger than 1-2 KB to a website and
> send the URL to the list. Apart from saving everybody's bandwidth,
> that ensures the samples don't get altered en route.

Or marked as possible spam by my ISP's new spam filtering software:

actually this was a good test for me because I'd asked them what happens if
the CMAE tags a message in the SA list as spam, they said well I'd never see
it. Now that doesn't make much sense I said because how would I know I was
missing a post in the list if CMAE marked it as spam and it was dumped
to /dev/null.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: AWARD NOTIFICATION:

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Martin.Hepworth wrote on Thu, 09 Aug 2007 08:29:32 +0100:

> go and take a long walk off a short plank...

splash :-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

RE: FW: AWARD NOTIFICATION:

Posted by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com>.
John

Sorry I know, I've been doing this IT thing along time and I should now better.

I'll go and take a long walk off a short plank...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Re: FW: AWARD NOTIFICATION: