Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Oy...@Sun.COM on 2005/12/02 12:16:31 UTC

On the move

This may be of interest to some of you.

I am leaving Sun Microsystems. Starting from January 2006, I will be
working for Google in Trondheim, Norway.

I intend to continue working on Derby, but I cannot at this point say
how much. It is at least likely that I'll be preoccupied for some time
during my first months at Google.

I guess you'd also like to know whether Google has any interest in using
and/or contributing to Derby. I cannot speak for Google at this point,
all I can currently say is that they have a positive attitude towards
open source software and that I will of course "spread the word" about
Derby when I'm on the inside.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway