Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io> on 2014/10/21 20:33:05 UTC

Mesos IRC office hours

Hi all,

We are running an IRC office hour experiment where we will have a couple of
people sitting on the channel to answer any questions (Mesosphere or
non-mesosphere related, anything). For now it will be Tuesdays at 11AM PST
to noon.

Ideally, we can have this as a general time slot for office hours for the
entire community (and across companies).

As it is an experiment, we can do one or more things:
 - Free-form: No specific topic or questions. Just anything that shows up
 - Topic: We can choose a topic of the hour and focus our discussion on that
 - AMA: Collect questions during the week and go through as many as we can.
(Or a combination of the above).

We started a spreadsheet where folks can commit to be at the office hour,
including topic and AMA link:
https://docs.google.com/a/mesosphere.io/spreadsheets/d/15NO9SHQOw5QhCKtsCnUHsxeUmbbKRilWwu6TS5QE-68/edit#gid=0

We are looking for all the feedback we can get; Is this helpful at all? How
can we optimize our time? More strict/less strict topic and so on.

Thanks!
Niklas

Re: Mesos IRC office hours

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.
Assuming a number of interesting / useful Q&As show up, it might be nice to start a FAQ page documenting any of the questions which are general enough to apply to most users.  That way people who are not on IRC at the very moment can benefit too.