Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by ejc <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/25 22:55:29 UTC

URL path problems.

I have noticed this several places, but this is a concrete example.

webapp/scripts/display_messages_top.js:198, sets a link to message
author like so:

newMsg.find('#author').attr('href', "/user/" + msgAuthor.nickname );

this causes problems when running with a non / context on tomcat

For example, if esme in running here:

http://foo.bar.com/esme/

the above will create this link:

http://foo.bar.com/user/user1

It appears that tomcat(? or lift?) does the right thing,
snippet/UserSnip.scala:121 does this

which gives the correct location:

http://foo.bar.com/esme/user/user1

My javascript foo isn't strong enough to know if there's a way to
solve this in js.  Perhaps the best way is putting it in the template
and just having the js fill in the username?

Thanks,
Eric

Re: URL path problems.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.