Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 00:08:04 UTC

[Android] Adding Robotium to Platform Tests

Hey

I'm adding some more messages to Cordova for the plugins to handle,
namely onScrollChanged, and some of the Context Menu plugins, and
since I'm currently writing tests, I'm wondering how we feel about
adding Robotium as a dependency for testing.  I think that it's
appropriate for our needs, and the last time that I checked the
licences looked good, but I'm wondering what other people think about
this before I add it.

BTW: I did do a talk on this at OSCON back in June, and here are the
slides.  They are very out-of-date, and was before Fil left for
SauceLabs: http://slid.es/bowserj/oscon2013

Joe

Re: [Android] Adding Robotium to Platform Tests

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, I like that Robotium has an Apache 2.0 license.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Will do.  I'll also look into Appium, but I have to admit that I'm a
bit more skeptical of it.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
SGTM