Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2018/08/26 21:35:56 UTC

Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Here is a link to a proposed "Powered By" Logo. All comments or offers
to improve it are welcome.
http://www.evernote.com/l/AY4y_8tHWYNGMpPJF1P2Glikiyhp58NZZ8o/

Regards
Keith

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Pedro -

You are correct - I just saw an internal email where these are all incorrect for other projects.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi David, all

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Pedro,

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Now this looks *really* great!

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Dave, all

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

RE: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Howard Cary Morris <ho...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Keith, all

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Matthias

> But if you export it to bitmap the inner area is transparent. I think the logo should have white background.

It was deliberate. but I agree that in most cases it will work better with a white background.

Done ;)

My hack (I am not an artist) is based on existing Apache art and is obviously released under the Apache License

Regards,

Pedro

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Am 27.08.2018 um 01:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Keith
>

> Looks good ;)
>
> Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache
> Powered by from
>
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/
>
> joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo

Great!

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Marcus

> the graphic looks great. When it contains also the new Apache feather,
> then it's perfect.

The Apache feather is not part of the AOO logo so there is no requirement to include it
https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/Template.PNG

as you can see from the jpg logos of many of the Apache projects
https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy

In any case if someone wants to add it in or has a suggestion where to add it I can do it.

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 27.08.2018 um 21:14 schrieb Dave Fisher:

>> On Aug 27, 2018, at 12:07 PM, Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 27.08.2018 um 01:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>
>>> Looks good ;)
>>> Attached is the same in true vector hacked with the original Apache Powered by from
>>> https://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/
>>> joined with Matthias Seidel fixed AOO logo
>>
>> the graphic looks great. When it contains also the new Apache feather, then it's perfect.
>
> Powered by Apache Project Logos do not require the feather.
>
> If we want to incorporate the feather in our project logo we can do so.

that's what I wanted to express as IMHO it would look better.

Marcus

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: Draft of a "Powered By" logo