Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com> on 2015/03/27 09:03:42 UTC

Default Database Packages | Ambari Repo

Hi All,

Can someone tell me which database does ambari-repo provides by default ?

I disabled the local-os repo and tried to setup ambari server.
At that point of time, it raised an exception saying "postgres-server>8.1" required.
So, definitely postgres is not packaged with the ambari-repo.

In addition to that, I tried to look into the ambari-repo, I could find the jdbc-connector package for mysql but couldn't find any packages w.r.t mysql or any other database.

With Regards,
Pratik

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Default Database Packages | Ambari Repo

Posted by Sean Roberts <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Pratik - You’ll need to make sure everything the packages require is already installed. Almost all 3rd-party repos (such as Ambari) will depend on the Linux Distributions packages instead of maintaining their own packages for things already provided by the Linux Distribution.

On RHEL/CentOS, do something like this for each package. Then ensure everything they require are already installed.

rpm -qpR ambari-server-1.7.0-169.noarch.rpm

--
Hortonworks - We Do Hadoop

Sean Roberts
Partner Solutions Engineer - EMEA
@seano

On Mar 27, 2015, at 11:10, Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com>> wrote:

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the info

I am trying to use HDP2.2 with Ambari 1.7 and I don’t want the updated packages.
So, I have downloaded those repos and created my own local repository.

Now, in order to make this work w/o downloading anything from rhel repo, I have to add postgresql package in my local-repoitory.

Please let me know if I have understood it correctly.

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik