Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu> on 2002/06/02 19:23:45 UTC

Re: Apache 2.x and tomcat 4.x integration - Unix

Paula_J_Bosch@consecofinance.com wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I have not used Apache/Tomcat for awhile.
> I am trying to configure Apache 2x and Tomcat 4x - Unix.
>
>  The most recent I have found is
>  integrating Apache 1.3.24 with Tomcat
>  4.0.3.
>
>  Is it possible to integrate 2x with
>  Tomcat?  If so, where can I find
>  documentation? Where can I find the binary
>  for mod_webapp?

The rules are the same - you need either one of these: mod_webapp, mod_jk or
mod_jk2 to connect Apache 2.0.x and Tomcat 4.x.y.

Recent versions of mod_webapp, bundled with mod_jk and mod_jk2 in
Jakarta-Tomcat-connectors will build for Apache2. Actually, building is far less
painful, since APR is already in Apache2.

I don't know about binaries, but building is not too hard. I've built all three
on Tru64 UNIX, though I've verified only mod_webapp operation.

Nix.

Re: Apache 2.x and tomcat 4.x integration - Unix

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> so should  I using mod_jk2.

Bear in mind that mod_jk2 might still be experimental.

Nix.

Re: Apache 2.x and tomcat 4.x integration - Unix

Posted by Ron <ro...@rapit.net>.
so should  I using mod_jk2.

Not sure why the developers have created two versions anyways, I though
maybe mod_jk2 was for apache 2
> I believe mod_jk2 uses improved AJPv1.4 protocol for communication and is
generally the future of mod_jk and AJPv1.3

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.

Posted by Ron <ro...@rapit.net>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>