Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 11:08:52 UTC

[discuss] tomee 2 groupId and dependency poms

Hi guys,

while voting on the version i'd like to propose to discuss 2 more topics:

1) do we keep org.apache.openejb as groupid or do we finally go to
org.apache.tomee?
2) do we create a dependency module (as assembly) with N children providing
pre-built pom for jaxrs embedded, tomee embedded jaxrs, plume
etc....Advantage would be to get rid of our internal dependencies as main
dependencies for users (I think to openejb-core for instance) + it would
make it easier to start for users when needing some advanced setup (tomee
embedded "plus" for instance).

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: [discuss] tomee 2 groupId and dependency poms

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
It was fast

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
updated

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > while voting on the version i'd like to propose to discuss 2 more topics:
> >
> > 1) do we keep org.apache.openejb as groupid or do we finally go to
> > org.apache.tomee?
> >

> I'm in favour of org.apache.tomee, especially if TomEE / OpenEJB versions
> are going to be aligned (see vote thread).
>

> > 2) do we create a dependency module (as assembly) with N children
> providing
> > pre-built pom for jaxrs embedded, tomee embedded jaxrs, plume
> > etc....Advantage would be to get rid of our internal dependencies as main
> > dependencies for users (I think to openejb-core for instance) + it would
> > make it easier to start for users when needing some advanced setup (tomee
> > embedded "plus" for instance).
> >

> Sounds useful. I'd be keen for those to have the minimal dependencies
> required if at all possible. Presumably that wouldn't stop people using the
> underlying dependencies instead if they prefer that?

Sure but then if we break them that's their stuff. Today typically
openejb-core is the dependency for embedded EE (I simplify a bit but you
get the idea). When adding ee-concurrency-utilities it would have been
natural to keep it in another module but since openejb-core is the
dependency needing to bring it we had to add it in openejb-core to avoid t
add a spi for nothing. Also if one day we remove some part from
openejb-core like old specs we could keep them in a dependency pom to keep
it esy for users (ie 1 dep).

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.