Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 18:01:11 UTC

wiki describing code path for major components

Hi,

To make it easy for new people to understand Kafka code, it would be useful
to document the code path for major components in Kafka. I started a
section in this wiki (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Index). I think we will
need to cover at least the following components. It would be great if
people who are familiar with those components can fill in the details.

   - SocketServer
   - RequestPurgatory
   - LogManager and Log
   - ReplicaManager
   - ZookeeperConsumerConnector

Thanks,

Jun

Re: wiki describing code path for major components

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Guozhang Wang <gu...@linkedin.com>.