Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Kyle Buzsaki <kb...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 21:21:32 UTC

mvn install hanging?

I pulled from the latest master branch this morning and have been trying to
get a clean run of mvn install. I have tried running the following commands:

mvn clean install -DnumForked=8

mvn clean install -DnumForked=8 -Dhadoop.profile=2

In each case I the integration tests appear to execute as normal, but the
process seems to hang after reporting results for
either org.apache.phoenix.end2end.index.MutableIndexIT
or org.apache.phoenix.trace.PhoenixTracingEndToEndIT. On hadoop2,
PhoenixTracingEndToEndIT fails a couple tests, but this seems to be known
in already PHOENIX-1151. At this point there is no more output and all of
the processes are using 0% cpu.

I have checked and it looks like every test that is reported as started
also has the test results reported. Every test seems to be completing. I am
not running any other phoenix or hbase instances while running the tests.

Attached are jstacks of the surefire and "launcher" processes that I found
through jps. Launcher seems to be maven.

Re: mvn install hanging?

Posted by Samarth Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
It was hanging for me on 3.0 too. After downgrading to failsafe plugin to
version 2.16 tests I don't see them hanging anymore. Although I am not sure
if that is the root cause of the problem because we have been running 2.17
for a while now.

Re: mvn install hanging?

Posted by Kyle Buzsaki <kb...@gmail.com>.

Re: mvn install hanging?