Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2004/02/23 06:25:06 UTC

ListEdit

I've got a ListEdit/ListEditMap combo that's giving me a bit of trouble.

I have the following type of setup:

* Some regular text fields which I apply some server side validation to
* A ListEdit of text fields that have some DatePickers.

If for whatever reason my form fails to validate I any data entered into
the text fields seems to be retained but changes to the ListEdit controls
are lost.  Is there any way to get tapestry to remember these values?

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: ListEdit

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Harish,

Your suggestion of populating only if not null was correct.  I was mistaken
about the value of the form field.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Glen

Re: ListEdit

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
At 04:28 PM 25/02/2004, you wrote:

>Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
>
>>At 01:48 PM 25/02/2004, you wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, there is, and that is the cycle.isRewinding(). But a better way IMO
>>>is to check the list that you are trying to populate and populate only
>>>if it is not already populated.
>>>
>>>-Harish
>>

>>But at step 6 it's not actually rewinding is it?  That happens on step 3.
>
>That's right and hence the isRewinding would return false.

It would also return false at step 1 which is one place you _do_ want to
populate it.

>>I thought about your suggestion but it seemed to me that it was
>>remembering stuff from a previous render.  I could be wrong about that as
>>it doesn't seem right but I'll double check.
>
>Is the list stored in a persistent property? If not then it is simply
>holding the value from the rewind.

It's not persistent.  It was actually at step 1 that it seemed to be
populated.  According to my knowledge of tapestry it shouldn't have been so
as I said I'll double check this.

Re: ListEdit

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Re: ListEdit